D.C. Council exempts single-family homes from TOPA - a great article from Curbed.com
A fascinating newsletter on how the housing market presses on by Wendy Steinberg of First Savings Mortgage.
And more real estate related news...
For deeds recorded on or after October 1, 2017, the recordation tax rate for a first-time District homebuyer will be reduced to .725%. The seller’s transfer tax remains unchanged. There are several eligibility items that must be met to qualify for the reduced rate.
- Must be a principle residence
- Max purchase price $625,000
- Defined caps for maximum household income - view here
- Each homebuyer taking title has never owned a principal residence in the District
Vice President - First Savings Mortgage Corporation
We thought to offer a short-list of vendors we have been using for years. They get the job done and are a wealth of knowledge.
- Scott Tucker - VP of Mortgage Lending at Guaranteed Rate Affinity - (202) 471 5235 - Scott.Tucker@grarate.com
- Wendy Steinberg - VP of Mortgage Lending at First Savings Mortgage - (240) 223 1603 - WSteinberg@firstsavings.com
- Rob Rothstein - VP at Paragon Title & Escrow - (301) 986 1114 - RobRothstein@paragontitle.com
- R. Bradley Runyan - President/Managing Attorney at Stewart Title Group - (202) 349 0220 - email@example.com
- Marty Stanton - Founding Member/Lead Attorney at KVS Title, LLC - (301) 605 1420 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chuck Itte - Founder of Itte Associates, Inc. - (301) 754 1777 - ItteInspect@gmail.com